Sunday, April 18, 2010

Charismatic Connection#5: Do You know about 19th-century French Art?


The first time I traveled to Paris, I was ignorant about art but by traveling our beautiful world, I educated myself. I fell in love with 19th-century French Academic Art.


The academic tradition started in Renaissance, Italy and peaked in the 19th-century. Academic art brought together historical and mythological subjects as the artists were trained for their polished technique. Paris was the home to the most elite Academic art school in the 19th-century known as E'cole des Beaux-Arts.  

I have a close connection to one particular French artist from the 19th-century.William Bouguereau is his name and he was a highly respected Academic artist in his time. One of my desires is to have his name well known again in our modern world.




Mr. Bouguereau painted over seven-hundred paintings in his lifetime and
six of his paintings depict my favorite love story- Eros and Psyche...

William Bouguereau's Eros and Psyche! 

"Eros and Psyche is a very complex story about what our soul has to endure to meet it's other half-a very Charismatic Connection!"-Serena Jade












Are you familiar with the story Eros and Psyche?

Are you interested in learning about Academic Art?

                                      Serena Jade
"Self-Knowledge is the Jewel."-Serena Jade
www.serenajade.co




No comments:

Post a Comment