Monday, August 8, 2011

Charismatic Connection#337: Are You Struggling to Overcome a Domineering Parent?











Painted by my favorite artist William Bouguereau: called Orestes Pursued by the Furies.



Written about two thousand years ago, the story of Orestes is an ancient Greek tragedy. Orestes mother kills his father and exiles Orestes to a foreign land. Orestes all grown up comes back to see his mother. 

However, the mother manipulates Orestes and tells him lies that it was all his father's fault on why she killed him. Orestes buys into the manipulation and becomes passive. He realizes what she is doing is not for his own good.

Her manipulation is just a strategy to get him under her power again. Orestes realizes this and takes a knife and kills his mother. But, he now has tremendous guilt, and you see above, the furies which represent guilt are gnawing at him.

The moral of the Orestes story is not that you literally kill your mother. But what has to be killed is the power she has over her powerless son or daughter. This courageous act takes years of awareness and integration of the new growth the person has attained.

In my own life, it has taken me years and years to uncover all the unhealthy and manipulative ways of my mother's behavior towards me.

When I witness people who are so called taking care of their mother. I know that these people are struggling to be their own person. I feel these people have given up on ever having their own life. This very old story doesn't get talked about in our society.


We actually give the person who has given up their lives applause that they are doing a good deed. The people that I have seen taking care of their domineering mothers live with their mother until the mother dies.


"I feel the people who live with their domineering mothers have given up on the struggle to be their own person and give in."-Serena Jade

Are you living with your domineering mother?

If so, do you not feel you deserve a better life?

My story Charismatic Connection is about Chris and I who woke up from our deep sleep and experienced eternal love. However, we were not quite ready for that exalted bond of love. Charismatic Connection is available for purchase at Amazon.com!

Are you ready to take your power back?

Body, Mind, and Soul Connector: Serena Jade, Speaker and Author !


No comments:

Post a Comment